Hiring Organization / Company: Parramatta City Council
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About Your Role:
As our WHS Business Partner, you will have the opportunity to join a specialist team of 5 who influence, implement and drive safe workplace practices and strategies for Council. This is a permanent full time opportunity that reports directly to a supportive WHS & Wellbeing Manager.
This role will see you partner closely with our leaders to provide specialist advice and knowledge across WHS policy and practices. You will also be responsible for developing targeted strategies that lift our safe work practices and support the continuous improvement of a safe and healthy work environment.
This role is best suited for individuals who are strategically minded, outcome focused, and are interested in making an impact.
We are excited to meet an exceptional communicator with the ability to develop and maintain effective workplace relationships. You should be experienced in:
- Risk assessments of complex tasks.
- Coaching and training to stakeholders on safety leadership.
- Conducting and participating in investigations into workplace incidents.
- Providing training and support to management and staff to understand their WHS responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Tertiary qualifications (or working towards) in WHS.
- Class C Driver Licence.
- Thorough understanding of effective design and implementation of Safety Management System processes and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of WHS legislative framework, current trends and industry best practice.
- The ability to interpret and apply legislation to meet business requirements.
- Experience in managing projects and/or programs across diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experienced at incident Investigation using advanced root cause analysis.
What’s on offer?
- We are offering an attractive salary starting from $111,970.12 p.a. plus superannuation.
- Excellent employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and a 35 hour week.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached position description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Paul Willingham on 0414 939 033.
How to apply?
Candidates MUST apply online by clicking 'Begin' below and answering the position selection criteria. Applications close 9.00pm, 21 June 2021, late applications will not be accepted through any other medium.
This position requires the successful candidate to complete a Criminal History Records Check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Multicultural backgrounds and people with disability.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
WHS Business Partner - PD Opens in new window
Job Location Information:
Location: Parramatta Nsw