Hiring Organization / Company: Rio Tinto
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- Career change opportunity; No experience necessary with full training provided
- Fantastic lifestyle roster based in Perth working 3 days on, 3 nights on and 6 days off
- Generous packages including base salary, lifestyle allowances, bonus, super
If you’re thinking of a career change, this could be the job you didn’t know you were looking for.
We are already a diverse team of people with a multitude of backgrounds and previous careers and we are committed to continuing to build an engaging and inclusive team environment. These roles are a great opportunity for candidates with varying experiences and skillsets to join us.
About the role
We have a rare and exciting opportunity to join our Rail Operations team as a Train Controller and be part of the world’s first automated heavy haul rail network.
Not sure what a Train Controller does? That’s okay, because these opportunities do not require previous experience with full training to be provided to the successful candidates. Our Train Controllers coordinate and control railway activities to ensure safe and timely movement of ore between our Pilbara mines and Dampier and Cape Lambert ports. Our Pilbara operations include a network of 15 mines, 1700km of rail and four separate ports, all supported by our Operations Centre in Perth.
As a Train Controller, you will play an important part and have a direct impact in achieving safety and production goals while working with the latest technology at our state-of-the-art Operations Centre (OC) located in Perth.
Working an attractive 3 days on, 3 nights on, 6 off roster and reporting to the Superintendent Rail Operations, you will be:
- Monitoring the integrity of rail communications and asset protection systems taking appropriate action where necessary
- Utilising systems and applications to authorise, execute, record and respond to rail vehicle movements and safe working activities
- Safely planning and executing control and authorisation activities on the railways network
- Planning and allocation of crew resources
To be successful in this role, there are a couple of things you will need to be able to do:
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Multitask to deliver results with excellent attention detail while managing challenging and conflicting priorities
- Follow specific rules and procedures and work within tight parameters
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions in a quick and thorough manner
- Hold a C Class Manual Drivers License
Where you will be working
Our state-of-the-art Operations Centre (OC) is located near the Perth domestic airport. The control room operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to coordinate our integrated network of mines, rail, power and ports. It enables all our mines, ports and rail systems to be operated from a single location, optimising site activities from 1,500km away.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-05-04
Jobs in Dubai (☑️Verified)