Hiring Organization / Company: Rio Tinto
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- Live in a family friendly town with access to great facilities – Tom Price
- Lifestyle roster 6 days on, 6 days off
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Supervisor Dewatering to lead a team accountable for the operation and maintenance of the dewatering infrastructure and bore fields.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is seeking a rewarding frontline leadership role, supporting a dynamic team.
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well.
Reporting to the Superintendent Dewatering & Projects and working in a challenging and exciting environment within the Mine Operations - Dewatering & Projects team, you will:
- Be an inspiring role model and coach for positive behaviours, practices and processes, whilst providing leadership, development and support to your team
- Complete daily inspections of all work areas and regular on the job interactions with the team to develop a safe and efficient work culture
- Working closely with both Mine and Maintenance planning to achieve goals
- Drive continuous improvement projects, identifying opportunities for improvement in maintaining and operating dewatering infrastructure
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Leadership experience and confidence in leading, developing and coaching team members
- Ability to plan and execute small projects
- Experience working with HSE management systems
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the suite of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- A current Australian driver's license
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Get ahead financially and enjoy housing subsidy benefits
- Remote Area Holiday Travel Assistance (residential roles only)
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cove
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Tom Price is located in the central Pilbara, west of Karijini National Park and is our original Pilbara mine, currently employing residential and fly in fly out employees. It is known as one of the most attractive towns in the Pilbara with a high school, two primary schools a hospital and a high standard of recreational facilities.
The successful candidate will be required to reside in the Tom Price township.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Are you ready to be part of something great? Apply now!
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications close on 16th May 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
Job Location Information:
City: Tom Price
Location: Tom Price Wa
Date Posted: 2021-05-04
Jobs in Dubai (☑️Verified)