Hiring Organization / Company: Godolphin Australia Pty Ltd
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Godolphin is the largest thoroughbred breeding and racing entity in the world. Encompassing seven countries and two hemispheres. We have an exciting opportunity for a fulltime permanent Stud Hand to be based at our Woodlands operation near Denman NSW.
Reporting to the Broodmare Manager, the Stud Hand is responsible for the routine care and welfare of resident bloodstock including broodmares, foals, weanlings and yearlings in accordance with workplace procedures and requirements. Stud Staff provide general care including feeding, grooming and treatment of horses, in addition to assisting with general stud operations such as farrier, vet, handling, parading and movements of bloodstock.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist area Managers/Supervisors in the care of Broodmares, Foals, Weanlings, Yearlings, Teasers and Retired Stallions
- Provide general horse care as directed by Managers/Supervisors including Feeding, Grooming, Treatment of injured horses and routine daily checks
- Assist outside specialists such as veterinarians, farriers, dentists etc.
- Ensure care is provided for pre and post foaling mares
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace ensuring that all hazards and incidents are reported to your manager/Supervisor as soon as practicable
- Co-operate with all WHS policies to ensure the safety of yourself and others in the workplace
- Sound horse handling skills, with experience and confidence handling thoroughbreds of different classes, ages and temperaments
- Practical understanding of horse health care and welfare requirements
- Have a practical understanding of thoroughbred reproductive principles and practices including foaling processes
- Reliable with a good work ethic
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Current drivers’ licence
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Quality uniforms
- A chance to work at one of Godolphin’s premium breeding locations
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in writing by Friday 13th August 2021 to:
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
Job Location Information:
Location: Denman Nsw