Hiring Organization / Company: City Of Parramatta
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The City of Parramatta is going through unprecedented change and transformation as it becomes Sydney’s Central City. The intensity of growth and investment in City of Parramatta means that Council, their partners, and community have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shape the City’s future and ensure it is culturally, socially, environmentally and economically sustainable.
An exciting 12-month temporary full-time opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic solicitor to join City of Parramatta Council’s in-house legal team.
The role is interesting and varied and will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to develop their legal skills and advance professionally within a well-regarded and collegiate team.
City of Parramatta Council’s in-house Legal Services team provides high quality legal advice to all divisions of Council across areas including procurement, construction and development, regulatory matters, environment & planning, development, information technology, events, grants and sponsorship, regulatory matters, planning agreements and property.
The successful candidate will have at least 4 years PQE in at least one of the following areas of law:
- major projects (including procurement);
- construction law;
- planning law;
- property law;
- government policy;
- local government law; or contract and commercial law.
Experience in multiple areas of law will be viewed favourably. The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- the ability to work autonomously and manage a high volume and varied workload;
- the ability to develop and implement changes to business processes that are required for legal purposes;
- an enthusiasm for and interest in local government matters and the City of Parramatta;
- an ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of clients;
- demonstrated experience in providing in-house/ government legal services and/ or a working knowledge of private legal practice;
- proven ability to effectively participate a team environment;
- ability to work in a politically sensitive environment;
- presentation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- excellent organisational skills and track record in meeting deadlines;
- great attention to detail;
- proven ability to maintain confidence and deal with politically sensitive information appropriately;
- excellent drafting and communication skills; and the ability to understand new concepts and a willingness to develop innovative and practical solutions to legal problems
Want to Know More?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Faten Rahman on (02) 9806 5379.
How to Apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers provide a copy of their resume and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 5pm, 17 June 2021 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
The diverse culture at City of Parramatta is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in our workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Solicitor - PD Opens in new window
Job Location Information:
Location: Sydney Nsw