Hiring Organization / Company: Edith Cowan University
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Centre for Integrative Metabolomics and Computational Biology (CIMCB) at Edith Cowan University (ECU) performs clinical and biomedical small-molecule analytical chemistry and systems biology research applied to respiratory medicine, chronic disease, and early life metabolic health tracking.
CIMCB is recruiting a research assistant to support these research areas.
The Research Assistant, under the direction of the Head of Biochemistry and Computational Biology, will be responsible for providing support over a range of research activities in the liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS) analytical laboratory. Tasks will include following standard operating procedures (SOPs) to prepare standards, samples, and instrumentation for data acquisition; carrying out quality assurance procedures; and spectral processing using established computational workflows. The role may also include performing literature surveys, preparing research reports, and liaising with academic and other professional research staff to achieve research objectives.
The position is for 5 months full-time, with flexibility for a reduced workload.
- Applicants should have a degree in science and related experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, mass spectrometry, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in laboratory-based work.
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise numerous tasks with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop good relationships and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated written and verbal English communication, including the maintenance of accurate records, lab protocols, safety procedures, as well as substantial contribution to technical scientific publications.
- Knowledge of biohazard and chemical safety protocols
- Experience in operating liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry equipment.
- Track record of equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry or biochemistry.
- Experience in using mass spectrometry and/or metabolomics software.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full-time, fixed term position attracts remuneration of $73,257 to $81,404 per annum plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances. The position is negotiable to a less than full time workload.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities .
Interested applicants are welcome to email Dr Stacey Reinke at [email protected] for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role with reference to the selection criteria listed above.
Applications close on Sunday 27 June, 2021 at 11:30pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Location Information:
Location: Joondalup Wa