Hiring Organization / Company: Shell Energy
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- Great small team environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Fantastic Brisbane office location
The Operations Analyst will be a subject matter expert across the various functions within Gas C&I Operations. The ability to gain a detailed and working end to end knowledge of all functions and processes will allow the Operations Analyst to ensure that complex order management and billing exceptions are resolved in a timely manner and escalated complaints are managed appropriately per internal and external service levels and standards.
The scope of this role will cover all elements of customer service and operations including transfers, meter data management, billing and dispute resolution. Hands-on work will be beneficial in identifying and implementing improvements and performing analysis to measure and improve the operational performance of the gas retail business, ensuring the satisfaction of new and existing Shell Energy customers throughout all aspects of the customer lifecycle.
- Processing all market transactions in accordance with the relevant Energy Laws, Rules and Regulations and in accordance with Shell Energy’s policies and procedures;
- Receiving and responding to stakeholder enquiries and complaints received over the phone, email or other mediums;
- Resolving order management, meter data and billing exceptions within internal and external service levels (quality and efficiency) as well as being responsible for more complex queries that require further investigation;
- Conduct studies and analysis to:
- – Identify and quantify opportunities
- – Implement opportunities to improve existing performance (quality, cost, efficiency)
- Establish and maintain relationships with Network Service Providers and Metering companies to achieve smoother transfer and consistent meter data delivery and to facilitate discussion regarding new processes, process improvements and recurring issues.
- Consistent demonstration of leadership qualities to engage teams to work towards shared goals
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have demonstrable experience in performing data and business process analysis, preferably in the Utilities Industry;
- Possess or working towards an undergraduate degree in a business related area or statistics;
- Skilled at re-engineering processes to support more efficient and effective ways of operating;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a number of diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to influence all levels of the business, including senior management;
- Strong facilitation and communication skills;
- Highly proficient in standard MS Office suite software, including Excel and Word;
- PowerBi knowledge will be highly regarded;
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver commercially sound outcomes; and,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
About Shell Energy in Australia
Shell Energy is Australia’s largest dedicated supplier of business electricity. We deliver business energy solutions and innovation across a portfolio of gas, electricity, environmental products and energy productivity for commercial and industrial customers. We are the second largest electricity provider to commercial and industrial businesses in Australia1, we offer integrated solutions and market-leading2 customer satisfaction, built on industry expertise and personalised relationships. This has afforded us a ranking of number 1 in customer satisfaction in business electrical retailers for 10 years running, something that we are immensely proud of and aim to achieve in the future. We also operate 662 megawatts of gas-fired peaking power stations in Western Australia and Queensland, supporting the transition to renewables, and are currently developing the 120-megawatt Gangarri solar energy development in Queensland.
By embracing confidence, team spirit, and contribution, we generate fresh thinking, creativity and nimble execution to give us the edge in an ever-changing market. We ask, ‘what’s next?’ for ourselves and for our industry, always on the lookout for opportunities for our customers, our business, and our people.
1 By load, based on Shell Energy analysis of publicly available data
2Utility Market Intelligence (UMI) survey of commercial and industrial electricity customers of major electricity retailers by research company NTF Group, October 2020
What sets us apart from the rest?
At Shell Energy we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done. The work environment is Agile and fast-paced, with a strong emphasis on outcomes. We also offer employees a great range of benefits including:
- An attractive incentive program;
- Generous leave benefits; and not limited too additional annual leave, flexi leave and extra public holidays over and above the standard;
- Flexible and supportive ways of working with state of the art technology and facilities.
How to Apply
Click ‘APPLY’ below to submit your resume and cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for this position. To request a copy of the Position Description, please email [email protected]
For more information, head to our website shellenergy.com.au or take a look at this short video https://youtu.be/7foCXeLxPOY.
Shell Energy is an equal opportunity employer who recognises the value in having a diverse workforce. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you wish to have a conversation about what makes Shell Energy a great place to work or for more information about this opportunity, please email [email protected] and a member of our HR team will reach out to you. Please detail in the email the reason for your enquiry and/or which opportunity you are interested in.
Recruitment Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by the Shell Energy Human Resources team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners if required. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
Job Location Information:
Location: Brisbane Qld 4000