Hiring Organization / Company: Department Of Transport
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne | CBD
Job type: Full time / till 31 Dec 21
Organisation: Department of Transport
Salary: $88,955 - $100,930
The Department of Transport brings together all transport modes to design, plan, build and operate Victoria's transport system. Our job is to further integrate the transport network and improve the delivery of services to Victorians for simpler, quicker and safer journeys that connect people and places and support Victoria's prosperity and liveability. We are excited to offer this opportunity for you to become part of the Department that delivers more choice, connections and confidence in our travel, ensuring the whole transport network works as one to deliver better services and outcomes.
Ministerial Correspondence Officer
- Annual Salary Range: $88,955 - $100,930 per annum plus superannuation
- Tenure: Fixed Term (Dec 2021)
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Usual Work Location: Melbourne CBD (flexibility may be available)
About the Team
The People and Business Services Division provides business enabling people and corporate services functions, to drive a high-performance culture and to support integrated operations.
About the Opportunity
The Ministerial Correspondence Officer is responsible for the drafting of accurate, timely, consistent and appropriate responses to Ministerial correspondence. The position works with key staff across the department to source information that can be of a technical nature at times.
- Demonstrated experience in building networks and strong relationships
- Understanding of Government and ministerial processes
- Excellent written communication skills and a proven eye for detail are demonstrated to prepare high quality work in a timely, consistent and accurate manner
- Demonstrated research skills and the ability to source and synthesise information that is not always immediately to hand.
- An interest in and good understanding of transport portfolio issues, challenges, policy and programs in order to prepare credible and accurate correspondence, reports and briefings
- Well-developed and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the proven capacity to deal with complex, confidential and sensitive information with a high level of tact and discretion
- Well-developed organisational skills with a strong ability to work independently and to determine priorities in an environment of tight and often conflicting deadlines
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Current knowledge of the Transport sector policy environment
- Understanding of Ministerial processes
More information on the PD attached.
Culture and Benefits
The Department of Transport is committed to building a culture of developing our people to achieve great outcomes for the Victorian transport network. We are proud of our commitment to flexible work arrangements that support different ways of working, helping employees balance work and life. We are focused on providing a workplace environment that is rewarding, enjoyable, healthy and productive for all employees, where contributions are valued and recognised, expectations are clear, and treatment is fair and equitable.
How to Apply
Applications should include a resume and if you wish a covering letter. Applications close 11.59pm on Wednesday, 15 September 2021.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Ursula Pekarek - Manager Briefings and Correspondence at [email protected].
Preferred applicants may be subject to pre-employment checks. Information provided to the Department of Transport will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Job Location Information:
Location: Melbourne Vic