Hiring Organization / Company: Wildlife Currumbin Sanctuary
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
We are currently seeking a bright, energetic, and experienced Koala Keeper to join the Koala Photos team at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, the largest property within the National Trust Australia Queensland (NTAQ) family. Here at NTAQ, our workplace values are to be Welcoming, Efficient, Safe and Fun, so if this is how you like to work, please read on.
The Koala Habitat department plays a crucial part to the Sanctuary, being a department that has the privilege of allowing our visitors to have rare up close and personal experiences with our resident Koala families. Our team gives the highest priority to animal welfare, are ambassadors for Koala conservation and are outstanding customer services super stars making sure each visitor has a memorable experience that will lead them to become conservation champions.
Details about this Position:
This position is a combined Koala Keeper and Guest Services Role, contributing to delivering an memorable and professional experiences for our guests and to promote and provide welfare to our Koalas.
- Duties for this role include; husbandry, animal care and health, animal encounters, media tasks and public speaking, special events, exhibit maintenance, keeper talks, and other duties as required.
- This is a casual position working 0 to 38 hours per week
- Shifts will range from Monday to Sunday on a rotating roster. Working hours will range between 07:30am to 17:30pm.
- 7 day per week availability is required, availability over weekends and holiday periods is essential
- Pay rate and conditions are under the Amusements, Events & Recreation Award 2010.
- Preferred Start date is ASAP
- High level of customer service ability is essential. You will require a natural ability to transform each visitor interaction into a positive & friendly experience and be comfortable to promote NT-CWS strong affiliation with conservation and wildlife.
- Must hold a minimum of Certificate 3 in Captive Animal Management.
- Previous demonstrated experience with handling Wildlife is highly desirable
- You must have excellent communication skills & be comfortable communicating with both local and international Guests, assisting them with their needs.
- Ability to deliver professional, entertaining, informative, and engaging presentations to groups and encounters. Must be comfortable in liaising and presenting to the media.
- Have an ability and willingness to generate retail sales, with ability to up sell and reach targets.
- Can demonstrate a flexible, cooperative, ‘can-do’ attitude. A friendly, motivated & calm manner is essential, with the ability to handle Guest enquires.
- Have a high standard of personal presentation & physically fit. Able to lift & move items up to 10kg & can walk long distances indoors & outdoors, in all weather conditions.
- Able to work efficiently with strong time management skills and ability to work unsupervised an demonstrate initiative
- Must have availability to work over weekends, public holidays, and school holidays.
- You must be comfortable to work in an environment surrounded by Aussie wildlife, including birds, reptiles & snakes.
How to Apply
Your application should include your resume plus a brief cover letter stating how you meet the Selection Criteria. Please apply via http://careers.nationaltrustqld.org.au/employment/
Job Location Information:
City: Gold Coast
Location: Gold Coast Qld