Hiring Organization / Company: Illion
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
illion delivers and supports a range of high availability mission critical systems on a 24x7 basis. Providing high levels of support, advanced monitoring, incident management and proactive service is key to meeting client and business expectations.
This role has the following responsibilities:
- System monitoring and coordinating the response to system monitoring alerts which may concern:
- System availability.
- System response times.
- Volumes of requests / responses across various system channels (web, batch, web services, etc.).
- Error events.
- Completeness of backup processes.
- Managing workstation and server software and operating system upgrades including tracking and coordination of regular updates to:
- Server and desktop Operating Systems.
- .Net Framework versions
- Versions of system monitoring tools.
- Desktop and server security patches.
- Security vulnerability remediation.
- Minimise the impact of IT incidents and problems on the business and to prevent their recurrence. The role will work closely with IT Production Control Manager to ensure resolution of critical and major Incidents.
- Manage the function of Problem Management to ensure the flow from service recovery and/or restoration to root cause identification and beyond is effective.
- Evolve proactive system monitoring capabilities and use of system monitoring tools.
- Evolve systems and processes for responding to alerts from system monitoring tools.
- Optimally manage and configure system monitoring tools to maximise their effectiveness.
- Maintain the asset register of the versions of key foundation software components (workstation, Server, .Net Framework, system monitoring tools, etc) across the various system environments (development, test, UAT, Production, etc.)
- Support analysis activities to ensure software is licensed across the desktop and server fleet.
- Plan and coordinate upgrades of foundation software across application and database servers.
- Incident manage response to severity 1 and severity 2 production incidents as delegated by the Production Control Manager.
Functional Tasks and Responsibilities
Assist in planning and organising resource allocation across the Enterprise Operations & Service Delivery team.
- Perform technical analysis required to support the operational management of the organisation's infrastructure assets, including compiling various reports on assets to support improvement initiatives.
- 5+ years' experience working in an IT Operations environment.
- 2+ year's leadership and incident management experience.
- Experience working an IT operations environment based on the principles of an ITIL model. (Formal change management, incident management.)
Have we got your attention? Are you ready to take the next step in your career journey? We'd love to hear from you if you like the sound of our team and the role - click on the "Apply" button today!
Job Location Information:
Location: Melbourne Vic