Hiring Organization / Company: Wildlife Currumbin Sanctuary
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary (CWS) is located on the Southern end of Gold Coast. We are the largest attraction within the National Trust of Australia (Queensland) portfolio and feature a vibrant and varied collection of Australian wildlife and exotic animals located one block back from beautiful Currumbin beach. Our conservation and sustainability focus is a key part of who we are.
We are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Horticulturist to join our friendly team.
Reporting to the Horticulture Manager, this role will be working as a part of a small but professional and friendly team who are responsible for delivering on new projects, keeping the extensive Sanctuary grounds looking attractive and to provide and maintain safe and engaging habitats for our Wildlife collection.
- Carrying out gardening labouring duties including general grounds and gardens maintenance.
- Performing daily horticulture tasks as directed by the horticulture team leader including, planting, mulching, spraying, mowing, brush cutting, weeding, soft and hard landscaping.
- Undertake a variety of landscaping projects within the grounds and exhibits of Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Undertake bush regeneration and revegetation duties throughout and around the grounds as directed by the Team Leader.
- Work well in a wider team to ensure accurate and timely completion of projects.
- This role is based at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary however may require working at off-site plantations.
- This is a Full Time position working 38 hours per week
- Pay rate and conditions are under the Amusements, Events & Recreation Award 2010.
- The successful candidate may be required to provide a current satisfactory police check.
- Non-smoker preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in horticulture and/or landscaping is required.
- Qualification of Certificate 3 in Horticulture or Conservation and Land Management is required.
- You will be reliable, hard- working and a strong and supportive team player.
- It is essential to have Skidsteer/Bobcat licence.
- Current manual driver’s licence
- It is desirable to hold a, First Aid, chainsaw, ACDC spraying licence, LR truck licence, & Qld White card.
- Knowledge of and willingness to adhere to W.H.S guidelines/policies/protocols.
- Past experience with working productively within a small team â able to follow direction without supervision and demonstrate initiative to complete job tasks within given time frames.
- Appearance and behaviour to be of an acceptable standard to work in public areas in a tourism organisation. You will be expected to engage in a professional, friendly and courteous manner towards all Sanctuary visitors.
- Knowledge of CWS grounds and attractions is desirable.
- You will also be required to work harmoniously with community work program participants and volunteers; to provide assistance and mentoring as required.
- Must be comfortable to work in an environment with mammals, birds and reptiles including snakes.
How to Apply
Your application should include your resume plus a brief cover letter stating how you meet the Selection Criteria. Applications will only be accepted via the online application form on our website: https://currumbinsanctuary.com.au/corporate/employment
Job Location Information:
Location: Currumbin Qld