Hiring Organization / Company: Jacobs
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About the opportunity
Our Melbourne office is experiencing strong growth due to new project wins and current project workload. This strong pipeline of work has created a new opportunity for an experienced Desktop Support Analyst to join our Regional IT team based in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Team Lead and as part of the Melbourne Service Delivery team, the Desktop Support Analyst will work on all IT related support queries and provide timely and efficient second-level technical and desktop support for IT and Business Systems related issues.
- Assisting to deliver on our ITSM procedures, ensuring we are working towards exceeding our SLA guidelines.
- Utilising excellent time management and effective ticket management skills enabling you to resolve incidents promptly in Service Now.
- Being highly customer focused and demonstrating excellent customer service skills to establish key relationships within our user community.
Some typical tasks include:
- Break-fix of a range of problems including applications, operating systems, software licensing, network connectivity, hardware, and AV.
- Building of PC’s via SCCM pxe boot.
- Installation of software using SCCM and scripted install.
- Maintaining hardware asset records.
- Setup and breakdown of desktop hardware.
- Assisting to set up project and site offices in the Melbourne region.
- Maintaining cleanliness of IT store rooms and labs.
What you’ll need
- Minimum VCE or equivalent.
- IT certification/training desirable (degree, CompTIA A+, etc).
- 5 years’ experience in the IT industry preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Windows 7, 10, Server 2008-12.
- Experience in Active Directory.
- Advanced understanding of Office 2016 & 365.
- Basic understanding of LAN and WAN, IP addressing, DHCP, etc.
- Familiar with basic desktop and laptop hardware functionality.
- Experience in SCCM highly regarded.
- Experience with basic scripts and command line functions a plus.
- Experience with iOS and Android.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be able to work well in a team.
- Current driver’s license highly desirable.
- Experience in the engineering and construction industries desirable.
- This role requires an office presence based on workload and could also require some occasional regional and interstate travel.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Job Location Information:
Location: Melbourne Vic