Hiring Organization / Company: Department Of Health
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- 18 month contract
- Excellent Career Opportunity
The role is an important link in our communications chain and will see you liaising with a range of stakeholders so diplomacy, discretion and a strong customer service attitude are vital. Providing comprehensive support to the Ministerial office and staff, you will demonstrate excellent administrative process skills, reliability, and sound judgement. You will be tasked with ensuring representation of the Ministerial office to all stakeholders consistently evidences professionalism, compassion and accountability.
1. Track and monitor incoming and outgoing correspondence and briefings, liaising with colleagues as required to ensure that deadlines are met.
2. Finalise and dispatch correspondence and briefings within a 24-hour timeline, ensuring urgent letters are sent within a timely manner
3. Assist the Departmental Liaison Assistant with referrals to other Ministers' offices and members of the public, ensuring the most up to date advice is provided to concerned parties.
4. Modify, implement and effectively maintain administrative, filing and information management systems including relevant databases and registers.
5. Create and distribute appropriate reports to reflect current tasks in the office.
6. Liaise effectively with departmental senior management, other government and non-government organisations, and, at times, external clients to understand their needs, develop options, and respond accordingly, ensuring that all issues are pro-actively addressed.
7. Monitor and manage internal information and communication systems including Microsoft Teams sites, shared mailboxes, and SharePoint.
8. Process and pay invoices, using a procurement card as approved, and monitor the stock of office supplies.
9. Identify improvements and contribute to the development of new systems and processes in consultation with colleagues and relevant subject matter experts across the department.
Ideally, you will be a collaborative and ambitious individual with excellent communication skills who can work collegiately across internal teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with this high performing team who are committed to making a difference.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are encouraged to apply online, submitting a cover letter and a current resume.
Please note: For this position, you are not required to address each of the key selection criteria in a separate written document.
Preferred candidates will be required to complete pre-employment screening, including a national police check and misconduct screening.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.
For further information please visit the Department of Health
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your interest in this position.
Job Location Information:
City: Melbourne City Centre
Location: Melbourne City Centre Vic
- You may also interested for the following jobs:
- Briefings And Correspondence Officer, Minister For Health Jobs
- Jobs Vacancies in Department Of Health